View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddouglas View Post
I followed Nurse Nancy's advice and kept a 3 inch binder with separated sections for my different doctors. I had first applied for SSDI in 8/2013 with no documentation. Of course, I was denied. I did not appeal for reconsideration. My son was able to carry me on health insurance beginning 1/1/2014. My document trail begins again. I reapplied 7/31/2014. I was denied again, and I made an appointment with a local attorney. She filed the reconsideration. I was denied again and we appealed for an ALJ hearing in person. In March, we were notified that my hearing date was set for 8/12/2016. My attorney's paralegal called me on 7/21/2016 to tell me that she had received a call from the ODAR office and that the ALJ had ruled OTR in my case. I have received the letter and it is a fully favorable decision. My neuro only diagnosed my MS on 4/26/2016. We made sure that everything was added to my record.
Wow!!! You got your SSDI quickly. I know for some people it is years. I am sure all the documentation helped, as NurseNancy suggested. I don't remember how long it took me to get mine. It was less than a year. I was denied the 1st time and appealed using a lawyer and was approved right away after that. They lawyer didn't even do much.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bddouglas (08-09-2016), ewizabeth (10-16-2016), NurseNancy (10-16-2016)