View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 09:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you all for your comments and for sharing your experiences.

A general question for those who have used Gabapentin or Lyrica (or any other medication you think I should consider): aside from the pain relief, how did you do during the day, doing your regular tasks, going about your daily life? For example, just now there was a post about how Gabapentin seems to cause a general and lasting sedative affect that becomes almost like a permanent state. And this isn't the first time I've heard such things about medications in general.

Some specifics:

Janieg: I'm with you. I will try TENS and marijuana before any pharma meds. So that goes without saying.

Haute Mess: I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you're much better now. I appreciate knowing about this important side effect.

Sven: Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. Well, I can do without for now because of my high pain threshold (for some reason) and more importantly the fact that I don't have constant pain but bits of it here and there. I have much more nuisance symptoms or such, as I described. I hope you can get off the meds too and I hope I don't have to get on them myself. I'm going back on my very strict diet now and recommitting myself to cleansing and healing my gut, so we'll see how that goes. Thank you for sharing.

Mat52: Thank you for sharing the details of your difficult experience with meds. I'll take this into consideration. It's, of course, not uncommon for someone with immune issues like (or me) to have difficulty with meds. Also, about Sjogren's, I've had most tests except the lip biopsy. All of them were negative, hence why my rheumatologist decided I didn't need a lip biopsy. I'm still considering it/pushing for it, but I'll see. I may see another rheumatologist at some point, since it's quite obvious my issues are immune mediated in some way and that I've likely developed autoimmunity or possibly. Regardless, my SFN is almost certainly inflammatory.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote