View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 10:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Those are some awesome deals!!!! Let's see, grapes are on sale for $1.99 lb, bananas for $0.59, chicken breast are buy one get one for a savings of $3.09 a lb. but Ribeye steaks are on sale for $8.99 lb that's a pretty sweet deal. I'm down in Kingsland/St. Mary's GA and peculiar about where I shop... Publix only! We have a couple of Winn-Dixie's and of course a Walmart but ewwww... I can't stomach the food from there. Too many family members have worked at both places and I know their food handling practices . Granted that's the ones here in town, somewhere else it might be a lot better. But it's not worth the risk of food poisoning for saving a few (and I mean barely saving anything) extra pennies when shopping.

But for right now other than the ribeyes for the DH's birthday and fruit, we're pretty well stocked up in our freezer and pantry. The DH and I always take advantage of any buy one get one deals on meats and then freeze them up. We also love it when they have the huge pork loins on sale since we'll cut them down into chops and smaller roasts (Publix will also do it for us at no charge, but DH likes to play butcher) We do the same thing when they have great deals on beef sirloin, buy a huge roast and then have sirloin steaks and beef tips for many many meals. Those deals should be coming along more as we head into the fall and winter, it seems once school starts back up the stores start selling a ton of roasts, and we get the majority of our meat for the year.
bddouglas (08-10-2016), tkrik (08-10-2016)