Thread: 10 monthes now
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 02:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default 10 monthes now

I'm 16 and I injured my head 10 monthes ago. I really can't be sure at this point if my headaches are getting worse or better. I feel foggy and tired most the day. I'm now back to running fully again which is good and bad. It's hard to think about how much faster I would be without the headaches and gap in training. Some weeks I feel almost completely fine, I train well and my headaches and foggyness is subdued. But this is almost always followed be a week or two of depression and anxiety often onset by a bump in my head. It's so frustrating to train as hard as I do running 50+ miles a week followed by hours in the weight room just to be stopped short in a race by a bad headache. The one medicine that did help, propanonol made my blood pressure too low and my chest tight which affected my training. Some days I feel like the headaches and symptoms of PCS will never go away. I can't tell if it's getting better or not and its been 10 monthes. Schools starting now which will add another variable. The pain would be enough to drive someone like me crazy. Then not being able to function mentally and physically like I want to. And then not being able to train right gets me very frustrated, anxious, and depressed. Meanwhile almost all my friends talk behind my back saying that I'm just saying it for attention, which doesn't make sense because I don't even talk to them about it because they find it funny.
Phoenix3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
OhKay (08-10-2016)