Thread: Gabapentin
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 04:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnia View Post
I have CRPS and have been on gabapentin for about a year and a half. I have been slowly tapering down from 3200 mg daily and am now at 800 mg a day, in my effort to go completely off of it. At one point I tried to cut out two doses and that was too much at once and I got myself really sick, it was scary and was a learning experience for sure. Now I am cutting it back a little a week at a time and I do feel more clear headed and do not see more pain. My doctor did not want to help me go off of it. I will have to go and see her for the last dose of 100 mg as I can not cut these pills that finely. Not sure what will be next. Thanks for sharing your experiences with me.

peace
zinnia
Thanks Elaine, Indigo, and Zinnia, that is really helpful and also hopeful. I have also made the mistake of missing doses before, if I miss 2 doses worth the effects are absolutely awful and scary. I will take it very slowly and try to reduce it a bit. I expect to have to take some, I'd just rather take a much lower dose as this amount is knocking me for six.
I'm not taking anything else with Gabapentin apart from the occasional tramadol. I try really hard not to take it too much as it causes lots of problems taking it. I've tried a fair few drugs but just can't tolerate them. Duloxetene was awful, amitriptyline was also awful. Gabapentin is the only one I've tolerated quite well compared to the others.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zinnia (08-09-2016)