View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 09:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Carolyn,
Yea, that is all a little confusing, huh? But I was interested to know what effect the antibiotic (what kind BTW?) had on your tics. Was the coughing tic something you always have and it was gone during the course of antibiotic? Did you take it for the whole 10 days at least or finish all the pills? From my understanding, you have to finish the whole course or the antibodies that are produced by the infection may not be totally eradicated by the antibiotic. Strange that it should keep coming back.

Now that just makes me think that the PANDAS thing is not a totally different thing than tics and TS. I can't put it into words, but somehow I feel like the same mechanisms are at work in the PANDAS and TS. (Remember I once mentioned last year my son had a weekend where his blinking was very exacerbated and was given amoxycilin for strep throat and the blinking cleared up after two days? It did not come right back tho) So I always have in the back of my mind that illness that causes exacerbation is not just for the subset of PANDAS, somehow I feel like there is some commonality there. Maybe strep is just ONE thing that triggers it, but it the ones who don't test positive to the titres, it is something else going on that is maybe not that obvious. Not sure if I'm coming across right.......just my thoughts.

But I suppose you should let the doctor know of this, and see what he thinks?

Faith
faith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote