View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 01:10 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskari85 View Post
Any ideas or anybody else experience this, too?
I am experiencing the exact same thing. I recently received my skin biopsy back, positive for LD SFN in the leg. My foot symptoms are pretty mild to what I feel in my hands (and my feet are not red).

My hands will clear when raised/elevated and will turn red and spotty when lowered. I know the more I worry about them, the redder they get. I am taking Metanx now (since last Saturday), which I am hoping is going to aid in nerve regeneration, which I know is a slow, but possible process. I decided to try Metanx after reading a study regarding nerve regeneration and they spoke to the blend of vitamins that supported such regeneration and then referenced Metanx. Good enough for me. I contacted my Neurologist right away and got the prescription. Insurance did not cover the costs, so I paid out of pocket.

I spoke to another guy on MedHelp who posted a picture of his hands, that looked and by his description, were very similar to mine. He said he has been doing manual dexterity work and massage and that has seemed to help. I am doing this, along with the vitamins (Metanx, R-Lipoic, and CoQ10) and exercise and am hoping to get this resolved. I also have high blood pressure, triglycerides and cholesterol. Glucose was showing me as prediabetic, but I have since gotten that number down.

My hands have been bothering me since May 2015. It is always a good thing to find others with similar symptoms and share in our trials to resolve this.

Have any of you seen any change in your hands in the past couple of months?
onlyhuman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote