View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 03:57 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Balance is an autonomic function with inputs from the eyes, ears and somatosensory, and is regulated by the brain stem. Balance disorders which produce dizzyness can arise from miscommunication of any of these components. If you've addressed the eyes and ears without solving the problem, look to the brain stem. Various factors can contribute to its dysfunction, including chronic inflammation. If you have neck issues, that may be irritating the brain stem. Consider Low Level Laser Therapy targeting the brain stem and the neck (muscles and bones) using 810 nm and 908 nm Near Infrared Wavelengths. This therapy is safe and backed by an overwhelming amount of scientific research. It is also cost effective, I paid $25/session at my selected facility.

Also, with vestibular loss can arise a disorder called visual-vestibular mismatch. This is treated with compensation techniques and physio that involves habituating to the motions that trigger symptoms.

I would consider the brain stem first. If that produces no results then dig deeper with the VVM. I've had success with both.
Hains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote