View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 09:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Whiteaa,

I am attaching an article on spreading and CRPS that I found interesting. It has been about year since I read it but it had helpful information.

Spreading of complex regional pain syndrome: not a random process

I had mirror pain in my unaffected ankle but no upward spread originally. However as my pain decreased and I made progress that resolved entirely. We had at least one poster in the past mention HBOT, hyperbarics for helping reverse/reduce spread and I have seen research data correlating that.

Remember the key here is plasticity. Take good care of yourself, don't push your limits too hard and reduce pain contributors you can control. It is easy to overdo so I am wondering if your gymnastics routine (though exercise is great) needs to be re-evaluated as you are dealing with this. Also, be sure you are not minimizing any potential injuries or strains that could be contributing.

I hope you feel better soon,
Thanks Littlepaw! I'll look more into hyperbarics. It has seemed up to this point that my mirror pain is here to stay. It's so similar I once had to remind myself which was the original pain. It would be awesome if I could find a way to at least prevent further spread.
As for the gymnastics, I've become pro at telling between normal sports pain and CRPS-is-mad pain and I have awesomely understanding coaches who immediately accept when I say I can't do something. I actually think it has helped me manage the pain quite a bit!!! I've used it to gain back so much mobility!

Thank you again so much for this article!
whiteaa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (08-12-2016), RSD ME (08-11-2016)