View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 05:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I doubt--

--that exercise can be a CAUSE of small-fiber neuropathy, or indeed any kind of neuropathy, unless that exercise puts one in positions that exacerbate an already existing tendency towards nerve compression. Certainly, pressure on nerves can produce neuropathic symptoms, but this usually happens with weightlifters, or others who to exercises that cause muscle and/or connective tissue to expand and shift (i.e., long distance runners and cyclists, who assume particular positions for long periods of time while doing what they do).

Now, anybody with neuropathy in which the signals get disrupted, or erroneously register sensations, may have increased fatigue. One gets tired much more quickly with pain or numbness just compensating and trying to adjust to those. And, of course, neuropathy can directly affect fibers that go the muscles, causing those signals to be disrupted and resulting in much quicker fatigue. as the muscle fibers are recruited, in a given task, to a lesser degree.

I'm not sure what you mean by neuropathy "caused" as opposed to perhaps symptoms brought on by exercise; can you clarify?
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (08-13-2016), en bloc (08-13-2016), hbielski1905 (08-21-2016), Lukesmom (08-13-2016), northerngal (08-13-2016)