Old 08-13-2016, 07:20 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I see her on AUG 18. I might be willing to ask if there is something else other
than Risperdal. That would be a big step for me. I hate trying new meds.
Both Seroquel and Risperdal helped in these ways:
less depression, less anxiety, more clear headed even with the sleepiness of Seroquel.

But the risperdal has these two disadvantages:
1. has to be taken with food
2. keeps me awake
3. Ambien to help with the Risperdal side effects sucks. I hate Ambien except as an emergency med.

I am comfortable scheduling to see the pdoc every two weeks for a little while.

M

Thursday isn't too far away.

Not wanting to shift too far away from meds like seroquel or risperdal because of their benefits is good information for your pdoc. It will let her know that she's on the right track. She may prescribe a drug in the same class, or one that has a similar action, that isn't as likely to be activating because that is your particular concern.

I really hate kissing frogs too, but I think since you've started seeing some benefits from the last two meds, you're getting closer to finding one that will benefit you that you can tolerate better.

I went through a long period of having to see my pdoc very frequently. I can understand how undesirable it is having to go every two weeks for a while, and coughing up the copay every time you have to do it.

Right now things aren't where you need them to be yet, but you've been very brave about trying new things and showing faith in your new provider to improve your quality of life and well being
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-14-2016), Dmom3005 (08-13-2016), ger715 (08-13-2016), Mari (08-13-2016), mymorgy (08-14-2016)