View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 11:59 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Hi everyone,from Manchester,UK

Hi everyone!
I am sorry for adding yet another new member post I know it must be repetitive for regulars but I just thought I'd give an intro and learn who is who here.

I am transgender ftm,and I'm 32.
I was born severely autistic and gradually became moderate classic autistic around age 29.
I have mild intellectual disability and am a special Olympics athlete though on a break for now as do not have driver on the day we train.

I have sciatica, a lot of nerve damage caused by being restrained by police for 20 hours non stop no sedation given.

I have severe depression, extreme anxiety which triggers severe challenging behavior, severe panic attacks,pica,quite severe epilepsy, hyperacusis, tinnitus,dyslexia,severe lifelong untreated insomnia and brain injury through lifelong head banging-now prescribed padded helmets on NHS etc.

I'm on a lot of medication including haloperidol, gabapentin, tegretol, lorazepam etc.

Contrary to the stereotypes of more severe autism, I'm actually extrovert x introvert and a lot of people see this as meaning I have mild autism as they think only pure introverts can be classic autistic, I used to be pure intro but hell I've changed.

I have lived in institutional care since a teen, and later moved to residential care with 2:1 support, now my autism is stable I only have one support staff each shift which I prefer.

My interests are animals,I have a support cat called shadow (he prefers to be called Mr Shadow to highlight his masculinity to the local tom cats who visit him hence my username).
I also have three fish tanks and keep everything from Siamese fighters to coolie loaches, to golden loaches, to penguin tetras etc to cold water fish- orandas, blackmoor,white cloud mountain minnows etc.
I also have two rabbits, they have been bonded together-hard work but well worth it.

I love using the internet, I love sensory equipment and sensory toys, I love the TV channel;cbeebies but especially the TV shows something special and balamory.
I am obsessed with Thomas the tank engine.
I love family guy,american dad.
My favourite movies are secret life of pets and how to train your dragon.
I've also started a new blog, I like writing blogs I've done it for years.I'd like to share my blog with you guys is it allowed?

So that's me,thankyou for reading,I hope you have a great day. [emoji3]

Sent from my Rook from EE using Tapatalk
MrShadowCat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-16-2016), Skeezyks (08-15-2016)