Thread: Muscles
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 03:35 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linter View Post
I have severe atrophy in my legs, my feet, my hands, my fingers -- everywhere, basically. and all my neurologist can say is, "ah, you're not that bad off. you could be in a wheelchair!"
which im not in. yet. but no thanks to him.
and, he has NO suggestions for what to do. none. zippo.

so, it's up to me. and i'm about to undertake a protocol involving an anabolic steroid called nandrolone. google it. bodybuilders use the stuff illegally. it can only be prescribed for a very limited number of conditions -- muscle wasting due to HIV and MS being two of them. PN (or, in my case, CIDP) is not among them but I'm working with a clinic who thinks it can get me approved. Most doctors will have nothing to do with it, because the DEA keeps a close eye on who is giving it out and the reasons why.

i don't know if it'll do any good. but the alternative is doing nothing and that's no alternative at all.

I'm not sure the cost but I think it's around $150/mo. Plus, in my case, I'd have to balance it with testosterone, at around $130/mo. Plus, lab fees, doc fees, etc. Cheap price to pay if it works. I'll give it a go and see.
Thank you Linter. I'm really sorry you alsobhabe tobdeal with this. It's almost like youvare losing your mind trying to get them tobtake it seriously. I will go look that up online
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote