View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 01:18 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Unhappy Pressure in head

I wonder if anyone can tell me if pressure in my head is something particular to do with TBI/PCS? When I was much younger I used to have headaches and sometimes migraines, but none for 7 years - until this car accident with intense twisting whiplash. Many of my symptoms have cleared up but I am left with a headache - every day for three months. It is triggered by light, noise, stress, and who knows what else. The headache seems very connected to the place in my neck that the chiropractor is treating, but this headache seems different than the ones I used to have in that I have this feeling of pressure from inside my head.

I had X-Rays in the ER right after the accident, but it was on a reservation (kinda like a third world country). Immediately after the accident I had the feeling that my eyes weren't working together and there was a split from high left to low right that didn't match up. All they could do at that ER was to have me stand 20 feet back from an eye chart and read it.

My doctor was getting ready to go on vacation and when I called him to tell him about this, he told me I was fine and I should just go home. I saw the nurse practitioner who was covering for him while he was gone and she had me do MRI's of my head and neck. Nothing on the scans.

My doctor is taking it more seriously since he came back, but is of the opinion that the concussion will just go away by itself. I was seeing a speech path and an OT; they have now both discharged me. The OT was trying to get me to see a neurologist or a neuropsychologist and my doctor thought I didn't really need to do either, but wrote the referrals. Even though he wrote the referrals, I can't get an appointment because they are so booked they are seeing people four months or so from now. And it's not like I have already been on a list for the three months since the accident because no one can figure out who I should see...

I am working with an attorney because it was so squirrelly from the get go. The tribal police told me that I had no right to know who hit me, who her insurance company was, or to have a copy of the police report. I eventually did get all that, of course. The other driver was cited and I wasn't.

But now I am getting a little worried because I am still having problems. I feel like I am turning into a hermit because my headache returns or gets worse when I go outside into the light, and I am too tired to go out at night. I used to work full time and play the cello in three different groups and now I hardly go to rehearsals because of the noise. I really need a full time income, but hardly have what it takes to pound the pavement and find more work.

My attorney seemed very good, but was called off on a special assignment for six weeks and the guy who was covering for him has only talked to me twice. I really don't know what I am supposed to do. Is it reasonable to just figure I'll have a headache forever and accept that I may never be able to work full time again and therefore be forced to sell my house at a huge loss and have no idea how I will ever survive because of headaches?

Sorry for the long post. I am starting to feel desperate...
Adenium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote