View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 08:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Falling, UTI, Big Time Relapse and Time for IVSM!!

It's been a rough month.

I fell on Saturday, August 6th. It was not a terribly bad fall......I just couldn't get up off the floor. I was in my bedroom so it was carpeted. I had a UTI (unbeknownst to me) so my legs were weak and shaky.

The BIG whoops in this story is that I didn't have my phone with me. I always have my phone with me but circumstances this day rendered me helpless with my phone in the kitchen.

So, it was 9:30 am so I figured one of my kids would call soon. I wiggled and pulled myself all over the room looking for something I could use to pull myself up with. Nothing worked.....and all I accomplished was getting pretty bad rug burns on my elbows and my upper right thigh.

My phone didn't ring until 2 PM. It was my DIL and I assumed she'd either call back or get worried when I didn't answer.

Well, she was on her way to a baby shower and got busy with that so me not calling back didn't get the attention I wanted it to.

DS called about 3:30 PM and when I didn't answer he called back every 10 minutes for about an hour. Finally he figured that something was wrong and he came over. It was 4:30 pm by that time. I had been on the floor for 7 hours! No bathroom......yes, you can just imagine.

Hearing the garage door open and him come into the house was THE BEST sound I could ever want to hear!

Things got busy. He called an ambulance so they could help me up. That was painful! I have bruises on my arms from where they lifted me off the floor and onto the couch.

He insisted I go to the ER just to be checked out. The EMT's started an IV because I was dehydrated. The ER discovered the UTI. That's about all they did. Well, they got me cleaned up which I appreciated more than anything else they did. ER doctors know very little about MS and I felt like I was giving a seminar on MS symptoms and popular meds. I should send THEM a bill!

I am now in the midst of a full-on MS relapse. My Neuro called in some IVSM to be given in home!! Yahoo!! I will start them tomorrow. Can't wait.

I'm sure I probably left some things out of this little adventure but I did learn one thing from it. Always keep your phone within reach.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (08-25-2016), Blessings2You (08-16-2016), Debbie D (08-15-2016), mrsD (08-15-2016), NurseNancy (08-15-2016), St George 2013 (08-18-2016), tkrik (08-15-2016)