Thread: C5 Palsy
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 08:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

week 42 - As far as deltoids go, it appears as if I've reached the point where nerve regrowth has maxed out. I can lift my arm straight out in front of me to about 130 degrees (3/4 of the way up). My deltoid strength is only at about 40% of what it was. Hopefully, as I continue to strength train the muscle, it will get stronger (it is a slow haul).

Re-innervation of the biceps has started to increase. I still can't quite bend my arm from a straight position, but I am close. Strength is still almost non-existent. Curling a 1 pound weight is about all I can do (after it is bent about 30 degrees), but at least I can move it against gravity now. I still cannot supinate my hand (turn it palm-up), which makes eating with that hand difficult.

Pain still has not gotten any better. Doctor is puzzled by this, since the pain is usually the first thing to get better. Seems to think I have some amount of central cord damage that is causing radiculopathy or myelopathy. If that is the case, I may have to deal with the pain indefinitely........
Jastek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote