Elder

10 yr Member

My psych meds:

Lamictal 200mg twice a day
Topamax 200mg pm
Seroquel 100mg am, 700mg pm
Gabapentin 400mg
Klonopin up to 3mg a day

The seroquel and gabapentin are the heavy hitters and are the only meds she usually moves. They're so strong, I don't know how much of an impact changes to the lamictal or topamax would actually make. My bet is she would reduce the gabapentin.

I haven't been quite as emotional or teary as I have been. I'm still really oversleeping though. I napped from 11-1:30 yesterday afternoon, went to bed at 10:30 last night, and slept until 9:30 this morning. I'm usually up anywhere between 5-7am (I don't use an alarm clock unless I have somewhere to be), and get 6-8 hours of sleep at night. My cold is better, so I can't use it as an excuse for last night's 11 hours of sleep. I guarantee you I'll need another nap sometimes today, too.

When I've been depressed in the past, I've either experienced severe insomnia or hypersomnia, and reverted to a reversed sleep cycle I just couldn't shake. My husband had major issues with my sleeping problems. I've worked really hard to get on, and maintain, a regular sleep cycle and I don't want sleeping to become an issue again.

I'm BPI, but I've been through significant episodes of depression too. I just want to nip this in the bud, but I couldn't get an appointment until August 29th. My pdoc's on vacation this week, but will be (fully booked) in the office next week and I can call for med advice. I will probably reduce the gabapentin to 300mg tonight because it has no effect on my anxiety disorders, but making a change would be powerful enough (but not too powerful) to shift my mood. I can up the dose right back up to 400mg if I start to have issues.

It was 98 degrees out yesterday, but I got my food shopping done anyway. I figured everyone would be hiding out at home, and the store would be quiet because of the heat, but it was a zoo. At least my husband carried in all the bags.

I thought the finger I jammed in the dryer was healed enough to take the nail polish off of it… it wasn't. It hurt so bad! I can't remember when I did it, but it was a while ago. I aggravated it, but it's not infected.

My social security check has been getting deposited into an account separate from our joint account for about 2 yrs now. My husband wants it to stay that way, but in my opinion, the account has served it's purpose. I want my checks to be deposited into the joint account because it's anemic, and I want to be able to track my spending better. As it is now, it kinda feels like I have an extra "X" amount of money to spend every month when I get it. I called today to change the direct deposit info despite his wishes, and there's nothing he can do about it. I will keep the separate account open with a couple of hundred bucks in it in case I have to leave at some point though.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-15-2016), Dmom3005 (08-15-2016), Mari (08-16-2016), mymorgy (08-16-2016)