View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 10:57 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Boiler, thank you for your note. I appreciate it. And you're certainly right. I was aware of this, so I won't be expecting immediate relief. I imagine my body will work similarly to yours and take some time to adapt. Perhaps my words were misleading, but believe it or not it can takes months, certainly weeks, for me to get in to see my neuro, if the pain comes on intensely, so I was thinking of such a timeline, and thought it would be better to get started immediately, if it came to that.

Thanks also for addressing the side effects of Lyrica. That's good to hear. Unfortunately, my brain is my meal ticket more than in most jobs, so I have to be careful and try to maintain optimal cognitive function, and as things stand for a few years now I've felt cognitive decline, which is troubling. I'm hoping to reverse that, but perhaps that's too optimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler1993 View Post
David - Just a note on the Lyrica - sounds like you are hoping to take it like you would advil for a headache (relief from a single dose). I want to make sure you are aware that this is not how Lyrica works (from personal experience and conversations with my neuro). Lyrica can actually take 6-8 weeks to work fully within the body. For me when I first started taking it the effectiveness seemed to fluctuate and my doctor told me that yes that can happen. I have been on it for 6+ months now and the fluctuations are fewer and farther in between. It might work on first dose but there is a good chance your body will need to adjust for it to work fully. Also as far as side effects - day 1 and 2 of Lyrica I was pretty spacey and out of it but that definitely subsided. I still struggle with occasional bouts of sleepiness/brain fog feeling but not always and I am working with my doc to see what we can do about that (dose adjustment perhaps). Hope this helps - good luck to you!
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote