View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 01:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Boiler, thank you for your note. I appreciate it. And you're certainly right. I was aware of this, so I won't be expecting immediate relief. I imagine my body will work similarly to yours and take some time to adapt. Perhaps my words were misleading, but believe it or not it can takes months, certainly weeks, for me to get in to see my neuro, if the pain comes on intensely, so I was thinking of such a timeline, and thought it would be better to get started immediately, if it came to that.

Thanks also for addressing the side effects of Lyrica. That's good to hear. Unfortunately, my brain is my meal ticket more than in most jobs, so I have to be careful and try to maintain optimal cognitive function, and as things stand for a few years now I've felt cognitive decline, which is troubling. I'm hoping to reverse that, but perhaps that's too optimistic.

I would say similar for me - I work as an engineer so the brain is definitely a necessary aspect I understand what you are saying now about better to have the Lyrica on hand - just didn't want you to be surprised or give up on it too soon due to lack of effectiveness.
boiler1993 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote