View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 03:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Angels,

In one of my pm's to you I mentioned the possibility of you having osteomyelitis. This finding is not a surprise at all and it is not a "new" or "recent" occurrence. Irrelevant of whether it is seen or acknowledged by your dentist on previous scans, it was more than likely present not just this past 20 months, but prior to that because osteomyelitis is not an uncommon finding in the jaw bone of teeth that have been root canaled. Conventional dentists do not like to talk about osteomyelitis because it leads to too many questions about long term infection from root canaled teeth or questions about improper surgical debridement during the extraction of teeth. I am sharing this information with you in case your oral surgeon or other dentist seem disinterested or not overly concerned about this diagnosis. Biological dentists see osteomyelitis for exactly what it is ... a serious systemic bone infection.

Osteomyelitis is a bone infection which can happen in any bone of the body. It is a very invasive infection that travels through the bloodstream and therefore easily to the surrounding areas, and beyond, of the original site. This would explain why you have all the on going symptoms that you do with your upper left sinuses, mouth, left ear, left glands in your neck.

The inflammation and sinusitis are not separate from the osteomyelitis. One should not be treated without the other. Meaning antibiotics are not going to cure the inflammation or the sinusitis so long as the osteomyelitis is present.

Did you tell the ENT that you are hesitant to go back to this oral surgeon? If not, then you really should because he may be "glad" to hear that because he will not take it upon himself to refer you elsewhere if he thinks you are comfortable seeing that oral surgeon. Please, don't assume anything this time around and make sure that the ENT knows how you feel. The ENT needs to speak directly to whatever oral surgeon you are going to go to.

I cannot stress enough to go with your gut instinct on this. Don't dismiss the numerous times that oral surgeon dismissed your symptoms or how he scared you into doing the implant or how he didn't diagnose the osteomyelitis before now. If you trust the ENT to take care of you properly, then he needs to know all of these things asap so he can collaborate a treatment plan with a different oral surgeon.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels31 View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Yay! I am finally getting somewhere!! I just got a call from the ENT and they found inflammation and what they think is osteomyelitis above the implant from the MRI yesterday. I also have sinusitis on the left side. They are sending a copy of the MRI to the oral surgeon. And they are figuring out a plan. The only problem is now I am a little afraid to go to same oral surgeon. Not sure how to handle that.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote