View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 01:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry Response from the Governator...

On Jul 9, 2007, at 4:50 PM, governor@govmail.ca.gov wrote:

Thank you for contacting me regarding workers' compensation. I appreciate hearing from people who care about the important issues facing our state.

As Governor, I am committed to ensuring quality health care for injured workers and improving California's business environment. Workers' compensation costs were skyrocketing before I took office, and my reforms have lowered costs and ensured that objective medical standards are used to compensate workers based on the extent of their injuries. As a result, premiums have fallen dramatically since 2003 and saved businesses billions of dollars that they have used to hire more workers.

These efforts have helped to restore prosperity to our economy, creating more than 650,000 new jobs in California, improving accountability in the system and reducing costs by providing for prompt, effective medical treatment. The reforms also created medical provider networks and a new permanent disability rating schedule and reward employers who return workers to their jobs.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I welcome any ideas and comments that can help improve the future of California.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Caladium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote