View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 06:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Concussion and PCS from a roller coaster

Hi everyone. New user here. Just wanted to get some advice and opinion on my situation. I'm a 32 year old male and in fairly good shape.

About 5 weeks ago, I went on a roller coaster. It was a pretty bumpy and rough ride. I didn't hit my head at any point, but my head and body was being rattled around due to the speed and tight turns. Right after the ride was over, I felt a bit shaken up and hoped that i didn't get a concussion. Soon after I felt fine.

A week later I started getting headaches/heavy head, light sensitivity, a bit cloudy at times. For one week i didn't know what was going on and I started suspecting i might have a concussion from the roller coaster. So I went to my doctor to get it checked out. After hearing my story and symptoms, he diagnosed me with Post concussion syndrome. So i'm taking medical leave from work and am trying to take it as easy as possible. Haven't done any weights at the gym or played any hockey since the symptoms started. Been limiting my screen time (phone, tv etc)

I will make a disclaimer that none of my symptoms have been debilitating. My headaches are bad but not to the point of some of the other people's stories i've read about.

It's a month since the symptoms started. Headaches start when I "do too much". This morning i did some basic errands, walked around a bit and drove to my doctor. This made my head hurt for an hour.Its a bit disheartening that I still cant do regular things without my headache flaring up. I've also been feeling a bit depressed at times.

At what point can I return to normal activities? And I"m a really active person. I'm so used to going to the gym and doing weights and playing hockey (non contact) a couple of times a week. When can I even entertain the idea of trying to workout again?

any advice is appreciated
an_also is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote