View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 07:40 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Concussions and concussion like events are a process, not a single event. The cascade of chemistry can start slowly then hit hard.

I agree with Jo*mar. There is a lot of upper neck trauma that can be caused by the intense shaking.

I suggest you find somethings to keep busy with that do not trigger headaches. Manual tasks and crafts can be very good. The brain needs good blood flow to recover. It is also imperative that you get good sleep. Naps or resting during the day can disrupt proper sleep atnight so avoid daytime naps.

Screen time is not a problem if the visual is not too stimulating. Same goes for audio stimulation such as gentle music or diaglogue. A good rule is if you need to reread a line of text or did not understand what you heard, stop and find a different activity.

Being afraid of activity will increase stress/anxiety levels and slow your recovery.

What kind of work do you do ? Maybe there is a way you can return to partial days or work with frequent breaks.

I suggest you plan on staying off the ice for an extended period. No contact means you can still fall and smack your head. The reaction and balance skills of PCS make it a risk.

Ice is magnitudes more dangerous that a shaking roller coaster.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
an_also (08-15-2016)