View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It sounds like you are one of those people who set high standards for yourself. These are the worst for PCS. The over-analyzing and such thought processes get magnified by PCS.

"There have been a couple of other times I've skated into other players etc. But nothing left any sort of lasting effect."

If you felt liked you suffered a 'dinger,' even for just a moment, that was a concussion. If you had to shake off the mental cobwebs for even 10 or 20 seconds, that was a concussion. Your fall to the ice may have caused a whiplash event and subtly injured your upper neck.

Many find benefit from therapy with CBT, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, where one is thought new though processes when an anxious though arises.

Many do best in recovery by accepting their current symptoms and limitations and learning to move forward with some simple work-arounds and accommodations. Ear plugs in noisy environments. Sunglasses for bright lights.Breaks at work. And avoiding the many over-stimulation events in every day life.

There is no need to have a meeting where multiple people are talking at the same time. That is very stressful on the brain. Learning to explain your limits can be helpful "My concussion has made it so my brain gets very stressed or confused when trying to sort out voices when more than one person talks at the same time. Can you please help me with this situation ?"

There are work-arounds and accommodation for just about every symptoms except headaches. When we use them to get back to a moderated life, we do much better and recovery seems to improve.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 08-16-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
an_also (08-16-2016)