View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 11:51 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
"There have been a couple of other times I've skated into other players etc. But nothing left any sort of lasting effect."

If you felt liked you suffered a 'dinger,' even for just a moment, that was a concussion. If you had to shake off the mental cobwebs for even 10 or 20 seconds, that was a concussion. Your fall to the ice may have caused a whiplash event and subtly injured your upper neck.
If thats the case, then i've probably suffered a concussion before then. I do recall a collision with another player a couple of years ago where I didn't lose consciousness and I had to skate back to the bench and chill out and shake off cobwebs as you put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Many find benefit from therapy with CBT, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, where one is thought new though processes when an anxious though arises.

Many do best in recovery by accepting their current symptoms and limitations and learning to move forward with some simple work-arounds and accommodations. Ear plugs in noisy environments. Sunglasses for bright lights.Breaks at work. And avoiding the many over-stimulation events in every day life.
You are totally correct. I have not come to grip with what has happened to me and i have not accepted it yet. I"m going to try my best to try and just let go and accept where I am in life. Hopefully the healing can take place.

Another question for you Mark. I live alone. My parents live in Charlotte and I live in Toronto. I was thinking of asking my mom to come live with me for the next little while as I heal. Is it better for the healing process if you're just alone and in solitude or can I heal the same way if I ask my mom to stay at my place for the next little bit. I feel with her around, I won't feel as down about my situation and will get to spend time with her as well.

Mark, thanks for your all of your advice in this thread.
an_also is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote