View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 04:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Newby View Post
The response I have had is that there was 3 courses of action, tablets which I really want to avoid after my issues with lyrica, infusions or blocks which I have had before and were very short term fix if they worked at all or scs as a pain management treatment. He has said there is no cure and that it is especially hard to manage as it has been going on so long. He classed it as crps type 2 which he said was as a result of nerve damage.

Regards

Paul

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
Maybe ask if there are other anti-seizure meds besides Lyrica that s/he can recommend if you react poorly to the Lyrica.

I have been on Neurontin (anti-seizure med) since 2004, and they tried to switch me to Lyrica at one point. But I reacted really really badly to the Lyrica, so back to the Neurontin it was. There wasn't anything wrong with the Neurontin at the time and in the first place, but the neurologist said that Lyrica was "newer" and would be better. Well, like hell it was!

HTH!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote