Thread: Cardiologist
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 04:35 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am a bad girl. I didn't post when I got home from appointment this morning but my priority was getting back to bed!

Charlie did go with me but I think for the wrong reason. He has this one thing he always says' logic and common sense dictates'. He didn't like it at all when they said I had to get my heart rate up over 130 the other day when it was starting at 46. He says common sense just says it would cause undo stress. So that was why he wanted to go, to confront her with that since she was the one who did the stress test. I told him that I didn't want her on the defensive and not treating ME right if he went in with that attitude. So he let her examine me and then went off on her. She then asked him if he was saying that he didn't think she didn't have common sense. So she explained the reasoning for having to raise the rate that high.

She said I have 2 options. 1, go off of my beta blocker and get my heart rate up and then re-evaluate. 2, do a cardiac cath. I opted for 2 and we will also do the beta blocker thing . So for now I am off my beta blocker. so far I haven't seen any problem but I did take the half dose yesterday at noon so it hasn't been long. But it will be difficult. I have been on it since the mid 70's. The cath will be done next Monday.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (08-16-2016), ger715 (08-16-2016), Kitty (08-17-2016), NurseNancy (08-17-2016), PamelaJune (08-16-2016), tkrik (08-17-2016)