View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 10:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default 13 weeks post op

Hi everyone,

After almost a year and a half of battling doctors I was diagnosed with neuro TOS in March by Dr. Vemuri at Barnes in STL. His nurse didn't seem very convinced it was TOS..but he was sure. My I had numbness, tingling, motor skill issues, and weakness. Didn't experience a lot of pain. I also exp dizziness, pain in the eye, and headaches on occasion. I had my surgery with Vemuri in May. He said my pec minor was huge and my scalenes were enlarged. He was sure I was decompressed. He was leaving for MI States new TOS unit a couple of weeks after surgery and I would be under the supervision of Thompson. At 4 weeks I still had the same symtoms along with the swelling and couldn't raise my arm by myself. I saw Thompsons NP at
4 weeks. She didn't seeem too concerned with anything and ordered PT. PT was rough. I started walking..slowly getting up to 2 miles a day at 8 weeks. Started sriving (left handed) around then. At about 10 weeks I was up to about 4 5 miles per day. I still seem to have positional problems. Symptoms increase laying down. At 12 weeks now I'm getting concerned. While stretching or yawning laying down my arm/hand shakes. Sonetimes it does while sitting and yawning. I saw Thompsons NP on Thursday. I told her about my on going symptoms. Didn't seem concerned about my symptoms. She said I still had some swelling in the neck and incision area. That was why I was probably still having issues. She said I would probably have to lie in a recliner for now and wanted me back on muscle relaxers. She was hesitant on releasing me to work (desk job) but I felt like 12 weeks was long enough. She said to continue therapy and that it takes some time to heal. I go back to PT thw 25th after not going for almost a month due to insurance issues. I've still been walking a lot and doing the therapy exercises everyday. My concern is the positional issues lingering. My posterior scalene is still tight and that incision area is still a little tight. My range of motion in my arm has gotten better..but still cant fully raise it on my own. I know it's early..but does it sound like a successful outcome? Did anyone still experience positional problems for a while after surgery. I'm scared I'm still compressed. I just hope my post scakene/incisiin area is the culprit to my issues lingering like Thompsons NP said.
VHDude78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote