View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 01:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Gerry, I'm so sorry you have to suffer this, you have so much to bear already. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Have you thought of shaving the opoid a smidge, just that little less may offer some relief to your poor tum?

My mum will never change, I became the unwanted child and will always remain so. Nothing I can do will change that. It hurts but not as much some days, today, not at all. It is peaceful without their demands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Pam,
You may recall; this past November (Thanksgiving week); I had three abdominal incisional hernias repaired with mesh. Two were below the navel and one was an epigastric; above the navel under the breastbone.

These were due primarily from my abdominal incision from rectal cancer surgery almost 4 years ago. Also because of opioid constipation (using Miralax daily) am forcing which adds to hernias.

A few months ago, I went back to the surgeon because I felt the protrusion above the navel (epigastric hernia area). I thought the hernia there recurred. He said it was diastasis recti (the muscle separation of the abdomen). But that is adding to the bulging and pain. I told him I was concerned about recurrence of the hernias. His response was "with good reason".

My belly pain has been increasing. (because of three Miralax daily due to the opioid constipation, I am on the "potty" several times a day.) which adds to the pain. If I don't take at least three Miralax daily, I will get impacted as well.

I was warned about hernia strangulation. That was my reason for having the three hernias repaired this past November. Actually, I am in more pain now than I was before the hernias were repaired. It is a vicious circle. Being on opioids for several years now due to spinal and neuropathy pain am afraid tho go thru "withdrawal" from opioids, as well as having no idea how horrible the pain would be without them.

Pam,I am so sorry you are having to deal with your Mother's lack of consideration with all you are going through and looking for you to sympathize with her and your sister. That is so very inconsiderate of her.

I believe you are also taking opioids as well as something to fight the daily constipation. The terrible ordeal you went through a couple of days ago dealing with the accidents and cleanup had to be awful. As I previously mentioned; this is a vicious circle.

I pray you will not need to be hospitalized.

Gerry
ger715 (08-17-2016), NurseNancy (08-18-2016), St George 2013 (08-18-2016), tkrik (08-17-2016)