View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 07:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
I wouldn't recommend this under usual circumstances but with sfn I think you need to be prepared. Tramadol - I take it only when really desperate. It kicks in for me in half hour and you have 24 hours joyous relief. I then won't take it again for another week, two weeks maybe. You will already know about the addictive risks associated with this. The good thing is you can take it as and when. It hasn't caused me any problems at all. I just wish I could have it every day as it also makes me feel good and have some energy and I feel better all round on the days I have it.
I agree here with Joanna. As much as it horrifies me to say this (I am someone who has lived my life being anti-drug, holistically, and a health and fitness nut).
I must say... I'd prefer to have narcotics to take for when the pain is absolutely unmanageable then to be on a daily med. I have been dealing with excruciating nerve pain for 2 years now. I tried lyrica, neurontin, flexeril, zanaflex, cymbalta, baclofen, and could tolerate NONE of the side effects, nothing touched my pain and some made my autonomic problems worse or caused emotional problems. As much as I still DESPISE to put a pill in my mouth, I thank the universe for having short acting pain meds that break the cycle and keep me out of the ER. In the beginning I was terrified of addiction, becoming dependent, etc. After 2 years, with much relief, I can say that I still only need 1/2 to one pill to break the cycle. Once I take it, I rarely have to repeat the dose in the same day unless I'm in a very bad flare. Sometimes I can go a few days and not need to take anything.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote