View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 08:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hi JW,

I have read that nerves can be painful as they heal. After my nerve release and removal of the neuroma that had formed on the torn portion I had some pins and needles and also parathesia. Some sensations that I would have in the past experienced normally, like "tickling", just felt plain weird. It took a while and some work on sensory re-training for tickling to feel like tickling. I remember being thrilled when the feeling was recognizable.

I only experienced shooting sensations (and the feeling of water running down my leg )when the nerve was entrapped. I will on very rare occasion still get a shooting sensation but only if I have really, really aggravated things. I fortunately did not have shooting pains as I was healing in spite of a very complicated repair.

Your statement that you worsened acutely after a brisk walk sounds more like aggravation at least to me. It doesn't seem healing would come on acutely like that.

My peripheral nerve surgeon explained that the gliding surface is not always great when nerves have been worked on and they can get an adhesive neuritis as a result. Faster paced exercise has been a trigger for me and I still have to be careful with my form and how I stretch and stress the surgical area at my ankle.

I am wondering if you overdid it? If so try rest, anti-inflammatories and cool packs (not ice for nervy areas). I hope things settle soon,
Hi littlepaw,
Rest has definitely been on my list for the past 3 weeks now. I agree I over did it but I also did a steroid pack and after the pack it came right back! Just frustrated!!! Thanks for your input! You've responded to agree of my post and it's always refreshing!
jw622 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (08-17-2016)