View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 09:48 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,
I tried a while back to taper down a bit (my PM warned me it probably will not be a good idea; but he went along with it). I didn't last long. I start feeling sick, nausea, chills and increased pain.

This all started when I had the spinal fusion/laminectomy about ten years ago. My PM did the injections; each time they didn't help; he upped my Oxycontin. After one of the injections, he came into the room and asked if I felt any better; I told him I didn't, so he upped my Oxycontin. I said "oh no"; but he told me not to worry, he would help me come down when the time came.

I think he was assuming an SCS would do this; But; after the failed trial, never did happened. With the bladder surgery,PN worsening, the leg pain/burning feet and edema the dose remained high. Now that my insides are a mess, along with the groin and belly pain; not sure that's going down in meds is an option. I feel trapped.

You have an awful lot going on dealing with so much scar tissue, etc., as well as the awful impacting. Working has got to be quite difficult.

Both you and your husband continue in my prayers.

Gerry

Y
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (08-17-2016), St George 2013 (08-18-2016), tkrik (08-17-2016)