View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 11:46 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I'd follow the FODMAP diet plan....this minimizes fructose and can be very helpful.

FODMAP Food List | IBS Diets
This dietary information has shifted from alternative status to official medical status now.

This list of your inert ingredients is typical for modern tablet formulations (even for OTC products).

The only thing that strikes me at the moment is the talc.
Talc is now highly active with liability as a potential cancer causer.
However, given that most people use talc based powders, inhale the particles daily (even for babies) it still only remains controversial.

The majority of the list you included here, David, are part of the coatings of the tablets. So they won't split and leak contents into the bottles, so they dissolve properly in the GI tract at the appropriate time (pH controlled). Red iron oxide is a coloring agent. Silicon is commonly in many foods we consume daily, so this doesn't ring any alarm bells for me at all. (bananas, beer, green beans as examples)

If you believe that you cannot consume these additives or you don't want to (in the tiny amounts present in current tablet formulations), you will simply not be able to use much of any medication when you need it. From Benadryl, Tylenol, or many RX tablets with film coatings.

You can plug in each ingredient to Wiki and get a monograph on each.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 08-17-2016 at 01:20 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
en bloc (08-17-2016)