View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 09:44 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Red face

Thanks, Mark! I had an especially bad day today with no particular idea why other than yesterday having been a horrible day. Some unrelenting headache, but more problematic was this brain-fog where I couldn't get anything done because I couldn't focus or keep track of what I was doing. I may not have slept enough...

Getting up is no problem. I set an alarm and when it goes off the cat comes in and starts poking at me, licking me, sticking her whiskers in my face etc., until I wake up enough to give her a few cat treats and we both get up. I taught her to do this so I don't oversleep. I am a school psychologist and studied animal learning in school. It's been fun applying it to Lena.

Getting to sleep can be problematic. Sometimes I am overcome with grief and worry that my dad is gone and what will become of me alone. He died in January after a long struggle with Parkinson's and ten years of my taking care of him. I have supported myself all along aside from a brief period when he helped me. I also am an LCSW...I have good marketable skills for which there is a demand and a stellar resume, but it's hard to not worry.

No one who knows me thinks I am capable of working full time right now, and that worries me. I have always had enough stamina and energy to make people tired just hearing about what I did in a given day. Also, no one seems to have any doubt that I'll get better because I do keep getting better. But it's hard to not worry and fret about it.
Adenium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote