Thread: Cardiologist
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Judy, the heart rate of 130 was only for the stress test. I think my husband is about to knock out anyone who thinks it makes good sense to have some one who normally has a heart rate in the 40's to have to get up to 130 for a stress test. But that was last week, it is over. I am feeling better, heart still pounding a little hard with activity but at rest feels pretty good. But still pumping along in the 40's B/P is my usual 150/80 or so. I am to call the office tomorrow with an update. I have no idea what they will say. I would think the anxiety I am having over the upcoming cardiac cath would be enough to bring this heart rate up. Maybe I should start reading some racy books????

Bless his heart. We have this habit that I can be really involved in something and he can come up behind me and speak and I about jump out of my skin. He also has always had a habit that he is unable to approach the bed when wanting to speak. When waking the girls for school, he would stand in the doorway and say their name instead of sitting on their bed and gently waking them up. We sleep in separate beds because of our different sleeping habits. So last night he came to check on me and just spoke the words 'are you OK?'. I almost flew out of the bed. So next time I could feel him trying to find my wrist so he could check my pulse. I think he is scared and doesn't know how to handle it. I told him he is getting just a little bit of the taste of how I have lived my life with him the last 4 years between all of his times in the hospital. If the results are really serious next week I have no idea how he will react. When she talked to us about the cath, and I could tell it was her usual instructions, she told us about possibility of just cath or stent or immediate surgery.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-18-2016), NurseNancy (08-18-2016), PamelaJune (08-18-2016)