View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Even those who end up with permanent PCS like me still end up with the ability to have full lives with jobs and such. Letting the future control you today will prevent or delay your recovery. Good sleep is the most important part of recovery. You need to find productive thoughts or a way to zone out as your prepare for sleep so your thoughts do not torment you at night.

I have a routine where I get sleepy watching TV or NetFlix. Nothing stimulating. Just enough to take my thoughts away from day to day issues. I have everything ready to get in bed, lights off, hygiene done, so when I feel sleepy, I get in bed and fall sleep within a few minutes. I used to lay in bed for a long time trying to go to sleep. Now, with this system, I am asleep very quickly.

For some, making a few notes about things to do tomorrow is helpful. Writing things down helps the brain let go with the security those things will not be forgotten.

It might help for you to get some counseling for both your grief and PCS.

It can be an easier road to travel when one has a system for getting through the day. Foggy brain can follow a system but may struggle to get a system started.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Adenium (08-18-2016)