View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 11:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
A consensus is to not nap during recovery. Breaks from stimulation with mild activity to keep the brain engaged to stimulate continued blood flow is the latest protocol. Sleep should be at night.
Would listening to podcasts be considered a mild activity to keep the brain engaged and stimulate blood flow? What about reading (if one can tolerate it)?
Do you have any examples of mild activities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
There are two objectives. We need to get back to life but often have anxiety about over-stimulation that these small pushes can help us overcome. Anxiety can be a memorized negative response. A small trigger can cause an anxious bigger response. We need to use these small pushes to develop into a new pattern of response. " Wow, I was able to go to the mall and stay there for 15 minutes. I'll try 30 minutes next time" Second, the brain needs to be challenged so it can relearn the functions that allow the greater stimulation levels.
This is a great observation Mark. And this is where I struggle and need to re channel my mind to thinking about the positive instead the negative. I always look at what I can't do rather than what I can do and appreciate it.

Last edited by an_also; 08-18-2016 at 11:37 AM.
an_also is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote