View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 12:25 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

If you believe you are "feeding" intestinal" bacteria, I'd strongly suggest you avoid all "gums" which are common food additives today.

They are in alot of foods.... ice cream, other dairy including Greek style yogurts and sour creams, cheeses etc., salad dressings, or any food that you pour or needs to be uniform in appearance.

Carob bean gum (aka locust bean gum) is the absolute worst for me. The guar gum and xanthan gum I can manage in tiny amounts sometimes. I believe these "natural" additives are feeding harmful types of bacteria in the bowel.

I have to read labels on everything I buy, otherwise I will have
nasty GI consequences (gas, bloating, and diarrhea).

I believe that the inert ingredients in medications are present in very tiny amounts compared to the gums which are in foods.
I have yet to see any negative results from medications (yet).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pinkynose (08-19-2016)