View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 12:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Kiwi, thanks for the links. I had read one but not the other. Quite useful.

Joanna, though I certainly understand your apprehensiveness and doubt, as there are plenty of places out there who are just gunning for our money, I don't doubt her story or her activism or advocacy. She has helped quite a few people. They do this in Singapore and Israel too, or had done so. This is the same procedure used at Northwestern, and it has been used on more than just MS. As the link shows, they're willing to treat a number of autoimmune diseases, and have done so with success. There are all these Youtube videos for the work Northwestern has done, in case you're interested. There are of course risks and going to Russia, for example, may be riskier, but when it's between life and death and the cost difference is 100k, risks are taken. Honestly, if things became terrible for me, I'd consider it, and do see a real cure for me in this form of treatment. But The chemo, though necessary, is not without serious risks of its own. The success rate is apparently much higher. I believe Dr. Burt (Richard K Burt, MD : Faculty Profile: Department of Medicine: Feinberg School of Medicine: Northwestern University) is doing a large study now with MS patients and perhaps one with CIDP. I contacted them about my condition but they said they need a cause and it needs to be among those that they treat. I only have a diagnoses of SFN at this point with no known cause.

So much of this is still in its infancy, but real people need real help now, which is what makes it all so frustrating.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote