View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 04:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I have nearly completed the update of the data from patient web disclosures and the case favoring the pacer continues to strengthen; given the findable cases efforts to make even a preliminary case against the pacer will likely only produce very weak and vulnerable case . . . one of the biggest difficulties I am working on at the moment is many patients have not indicated their onset date and the result makes their status a problem of weighing estimation algorithms. In many cases patients can be determined to have a favorable status based on the rest of the available information they apparently provided where they appear very successful but when cases are close calls the issue is quite difficult to decide. There are about 57 of about 180 cases where onset date is not indicated. Although there are many remarks looking for a +16 month improvement there are many cases closer to a +6 month improvement. Dr. Onders apparently gave a speech in Athens recently (December, 2015):

ALS Worldwide In Athens, Greece: Recording
ALS Worldwide In Athens, Greece: Recording | ALS Worldwide

where he reported more than 1500 implants are completed; the previous report of this kind was given in Canada, where he reported in October of 2014 over 700 implants were completed. Of course many more cases were prognosed than underwent implantation. I hope to have some kind of outline of a summary statement posted here by Monday, August 22, 2016. Thank you for your patience.
MuonOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote