View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 12:14 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine1 View Post
Anyone else have any suggestions or thoughts. Kinda desperate here... Thanks
has any neurologist ruled out a: greater occipital nerve (c2) injury? depending on neck thrashing, it can: get lodged over a neck ligament, build up nerve scar tissue, be aggrivated by even vibration impacts from even each footstep on the ground, be aggrivated by anything that requires neck muscle use...even just keeping it upright...etc. anything that works your traps, etc.

do you have peripheral pain in the upper rear left of your head...sensitive to touch? even laying your area of your head on a pillow is painful? when your pain levels are high, does your left eye feel strained or want to blink and close?

if so...seek a neurologist that deals with occipital nerve injuries. the test to prove it out literally takes under 30 seconds of hands on single finger point pressure tests on your back of your neck. I was diagnose with somataform until 21 months after car accident....third neurologist actually used the F bomb to rip apart two previous neurologists...who suggested I see a pscych doctor.

this occipital nerve can respond positively to icing back of neck (5 oz rubbing alcohol to 3 oz of water in three ziplocked bags, freeze, place in hankerchief and wrap around your neck for twenty minutes, repeat with fresh ones until just below frostbite...lol..if it numb to touch...too much...just a could burn. this cold will deaden that nerve and may bring some relief. nerve blocks from a neurologist also work on some and let a doc know if you a possible candidate for nerve decompression surgery...or something. this nerve also causes issues with your optic nerve, light sensitivity, etc. hope this helps.
Pedalspinner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote