View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 02:51 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I am 29 months since my TBI and other spinal nerve injury. I only progressed so far, but certain issues remained. 21 months post injury, two neurologists telling me nothing else they knew of wrong. many months of neck exercises, etc. then 3rd neurologist with under 30 seconds of hands on clinical diagnosing proved out a greater occipital spinal nerve injury (c2) and told me blatantly...they never should have had me exercising and stretching my neck....and now even more damage is done. the occipital nerve also impacts your optic nerve. I would limit your neck movements until you find a neurologist that understands occipital nerve injuries ( i am assuming the: greater occipital nerve) and have this proven out before you possibly unknowingly build up nerve scar tissue that only further complicates things. And I would not allow any nerve surgery before this is considered...newer info that I came across. I was considered for removal of that spinal nerve....but came across this info just yesterday...after 29 plus months since injuries...

Dr. Jho's C-2 Decompression for Occipital Neuralgia surgery: Novel Surgical Treatment for Occipital Neuralgia or Headaches
Pedalspinner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote