View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 10:03 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngal View Post
I went to northwestern and met with Dr Burt to try to get the stem cell treatment done for CIDP. I went through all of the required testing, after reviewing everything he told me that he did not doubt that I had some sort of immune process causing my neuropathy, but he did not feel it was bad enough to go through his stem cell procedure.
There is risk to wiping your entire immune system out, so I guess they want to be sure our condition is bad enough to warrant the risk.
There were people who had success with it on a former CIDP board I was on. It was a requirement that they had failed other treatments before getting into the clinical trial Dr. Burt was doing.
Thanks David, that's really useful info. No price would be too high to have my life back. The evidence has got to be there as the risks are high. What you have provided is really hopeful info. I watched a documentary about the M.S lady. She is genuine I believe of course, it was more the circumstances of her condition and the particular stage she was at which did make her seem a more likely success tyan possibly others.
I am very cynical after having put so much hope in expensive nonsense. This does seem hopeful. I just wish like you that they could perfect thw process and sometime soon :-(
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote