View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 11:12 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for this suggestion. I'll look into, likely get a RX and have it on hand. Does it have any side effects? Does it cause constipation? Isn't that a thing with such meds? Other than the addition issue that one needs to be aware of of course. Also, does it completely take your pain away? If so, does it leave you numb mentally? I would need to be aware all day, that's the problem. And it sounds like it lasts all day, or 24 hours. Sorry for all the questions, but it's always better to speak to a live person who is taking it rather than read about it online, especially when that person has symptoms similar to your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
Hi David, yes I'd say tramadol is the one to go with. I got the prescription in and ensure there is always some in the cupboard. It really is the thing for the days you don't think you will get through pain. Unlike Gabapentin and all the those types you don't have to worry about taking it all the time or missing doses. For me it is seductive, I have a better day all round on it and sometimes the day or so after I miss it. That's the psychological draw of it to be aware of. It does just provide an extra bit of happiness!
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote