View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 03:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca71 View Post
More and more I am feeling that it is spreading from my right foot and leg to my right shoulder. It started with the few zaps here and there and I could dismiss it as nothing.
Then it felt tender. My son leaned on my shoulder and it felt sore the same as my leg does when my 5 lb dog will sit and lean on it. It shouldn't be sore from just his head leaning, he does it all the time, but the moment his head touched my shoulder hurt. That triggered it in my head... uh oh.

I talked w/my PT and he said it could be that the CRPS is spreading but I need to really keep in my brain that nothing happened to my arm and keep moving it as much as I can.

Right now it comes and goes. I had a few moments of burning. Then nothing. It is my dominant arm and hand. And it feels weaker. That shouldn't be. But I tell myself NO.

I am on crutches still (though walking with them and weight bearing) and that arm/wrist hurts during the day. Right now my shoulder is burning a little. Hurts like I did a huge workout.

At least I'm already on an effective pain med regimen. Right? And I'm already in PT (though only approved for my foot). I have a gym set up in the garage and I'm going to start working my arms NOW. Besides the fact that using the crutches works them all day long.

This is so frustrating.
Just from overusing crutches - this can happen. That's how we think mine spread too. Just putting all the weight on the crutch can cause you to use those limbs to the extent they aren't supposed to be used (arms) and bear too much weight on them.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-22-2016), ger715 (08-24-2016), Littlepaw (08-20-2016), RSD ME (08-24-2016), visioniosiv (08-22-2016)