View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 06:25 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

First, I just want to say that it's possible that you may be having some seizures even though they didn't capture them on the 24 hour EEG.

That being said, you have been through a lot throughout this whole ordeal and if my memory have already been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. That can definitely leave you feeling altered. You may want to check with your neurologist to see if it's okay with her if pursuing further treatment in that aspect of your care is okay now that your seizures appear to be under much better control...

For me, my mental health disorders and lack of self-esteem have made it hard for me to make natural and effective transitions from acquaintances to real friends in the past. Somehow I seemed to miss out on opportunities between socializing in a controlled setting and carrying relationships over to the outside world. Sometimes when I did ask, it seemed awkward or forced. I'm at a point now where I've stopped trying because I have so many things going on, I'm not ready to welcome anyone into my world right now, but I don't recommend that.

Sometimes depression can leave you with a flat affect, meaning you appear to have a lack of expression to others that makes you hard to read, so you may have to let your thoughts be known in other ways. Taking opportunities to have more or longer conversations about mutual interests, or showing interest in things that you haven't previously, in school may help you break through. It has helped me in the past.

I wish you were able to find a deserving friend who you could hang out with, and who could support you

I'm sorry things still aren't 100%, but I'm glad that you still have a positive attitude... that is so important.

Thank you for letting us know how you are doing. We always enjoy hearing from you

Best of luck Sam,

Kay
OhKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-21-2016), eva5667faliure (08-21-2016), ger715 (08-21-2016), PurpleFoot721 (08-28-2016), SamG11 (08-21-2016)