View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 02:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Numb,

Just want to add that the standard dose is 4.5 mgs, with outlier variations of 2.5-12, for CRPS.

I started taking LDN in June 2015 with great results. Because it helped so much I was able to stop taking neurontin in the winter and the best part is I did not need to take other meds. I think LDN is a miracle. But what helped me to regain my ability to walk was the addition of Aqua PT. I believe you need both LDN and Aqua therapy to overcome RSD.

Last year at this time I spent most of my day huddled under an electric blanket. Walking to the car on crutches exhausted me. Regular PT helped me, but was torture. In the past I had floppy ligaments, foot drop, a twisted foot, excessive color changes, allodynia, I slept with a stool to keep the blanket weight off my feet. I could not stand in the shower. Just about anything could knock me over. My pain was off the charts. I could never get warm. I could not drive, shop, read, think.

I am not 100% better, my CRPS is now called mild, so it hasn't gone, but it's better. I still cannot hop, skip, jump or run on land, but I can in the water. I still can fall over if I step on a crumb, but my balance in general is much better, I am able to sleep most nights without the stool, I can stand in the shower, not long, but for a few minutes and I can get in and out of the tub without help. I can walk around the supermarket with a grocery cart. I can carry small bags into the house one at a time and drive short distances. I can wear shoes again, mostly okabashis, not fashionable, but better than no shoes before. I can open heavy doors while carrying my purse and cane.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (08-22-2016), PurpleFoot721 (08-27-2016), RSD ME (06-10-2017), shelbie4u (04-01-2017)