View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 04:11 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,
Obviously he needs to get the knawing feelings of depriving himself of his one thing he knows will comfort this craziness going on inside. Unfortunately you are right there and he is taking out his fears through you.

While not the quite the same; I felt I lost my "buddy" when I would try to give up my 2 1/2 pk. a day nicotine habit. I had tried several times; my longest for some reason would always be 17 days. One time when i was in my trying to quit 17 day routine; my three children (the oldest at the time probably 12) I overheard them crying to their father that" no matter what they did I was always picking at everything, etc., etc..." .Well to me; I was justified in my finding fault; they were true; weren't they??? Except many of these things, I would normally have just overlook because they really weren't doing any really that wrong. So believe me; I know the feeling. I had smoked a total of at least 25 years.

But thru the grace of God and lotsa prayer; several years ago, I finally quit. I used the patch as long as needed; carried it with me for a few years., etc. I use to kid myself I could take one or two a day; but had always gone back and smoked even more so I knew I could not even have a single cigarette. It's been several years since I had my last cigarette. I know if I take one; it will be all over.

Pam; you are a very strong person; I hope you can hold out thru this muddle DB is going through. You are going thru a rough patch with your chronic illness'/pain so it's really got to be difficult for you too.

My prayers are with both of you.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 08-21-2016 at 11:00 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (08-22-2016)