View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 04:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
Numb,

Just want to add that the standard dose is 4.5 mgs, with outlier variations of 2.5-12, for CRPS.

I started taking LDN in June 2015 with great results. Because it helped so much I was able to stop taking neurontin in the winter and the best part is I did not need to take other meds. I think LDN is a miracle. But what helped me to regain my ability to walk was the addition of Aqua PT. I believe you need both LDN and Aqua therapy to overcome RSD.

Last year at this time I spent most of my day huddled under an electric blanket. Walking to the car on crutches exhausted me. Regular PT helped me, but was torture. In the past I had floppy ligaments, foot drop, a twisted foot, excessive color changes, allodynia, I slept with a stool to keep the blanket weight off my feet. I could not stand in the shower. Just about anything could knock me over. My pain was off the charts. I could never get warm. I could not drive, shop, read, think.

I am not 100% better, my CRPS is now called mild, so it hasn't gone, but it's better. I still cannot hop, skip, jump or run on land, but I can in the water. I still can fall over if I step on a crumb, but my balance in general is much better, I am able to sleep most nights without the stool, I can stand in the shower, not long, but for a few minutes and I can get in and out of the tub without help. I can walk around the supermarket with a grocery cart. I can carry small bags into the house one at a time and drive short distances. I can wear shoes again, mostly okabashis, not fashionable, but better than no shoes before. I can open heavy doors while carrying my purse and cane.
Thanks for your reply! Your feedback was so encouraging. I have been feeling down at times when I feel I am running out of options to fight my RSD pain. Glad to hear that LDN and aqua therapy can reduce your pain from severe to mild level. May I ask you some questions. Did you try the blocks before you try the LDN and aqua therapy? When you said Aqua therapy? Do you mean water (pool)therapy? Warm water with exercises. Am I correct?
I would really appreciate your feedback.
numb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (06-10-2017)