View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Sam,
I may have mentioned my grandson who turned 16 in February. He had been uncomfortable making friends; eventually bullied. My daughter-in-law began home schooling when he was in 7th grade. He is still being home schooled. He does not have any friends to share ideas. He does not complain but I know it's got to be difficult for him. He did go to a Church 5 day retreat during the summer at a camp type setting. There were 4 teens, 2 boys and 2 girls from each of the Youth Groups from several parishes. He said he really enjoyed it and hoped he could go next year again. I asked him if he kept in touch with any of the people he met; he said they really didn't do that. (So I guess the answer was "no.)

The one hopeful bright side is his seeing a friend of his parents at the Jewel grocery store in his area. He was talking to her when one of the store managers was there. She introduced my grandson to him. My grandson shook his hand. After he left, the manager told her he was very impressed with him. Wondered if he was interested in a job there? Thankfully, he got the job and is doing well. He's been working there for almost 6 months and is now working at the register.

I'm still hoping and praying for him to meet a good friend that he can do and share things with.
Sam,I sure you know the feeling.

Wishing you success in making friends that enjoy doing things/sharing, etc. with you and you with them.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-22-2016), OhKay (08-22-2016), PurpleFoot721 (08-28-2016), SamG11 (08-22-2016)